Amtgard, The Celestial Kingdom, Inc. Corpora
This document exists to serve as Amtgard, The Celestial Kingdom Inc.’s official guidelines and rules of order for protocols and procedures. It is not intended to augments existing Amtgard, Rules of Play, or to attempt to change or alter any items listed in the above mentioned document.
1. Club Membership
For the purpose of identifying the Celestial Kingdom and its members, membership is defined as follows:
1.1 Contributing Members – Being such allows you to receive Kingdom newsletters, to vote in Kingdom government, including Allthings and Election and to run for office.
1.1.1 Must have a current, signed waiver on file with Kingdom offices.
1.2 Non-contributing Members – Individuals who choose not to pay dues. May attend Amtgard activities but have no voting rights in club government nor may they run for office.
1.2.1 Must have a current, signed waiver on file with Kingdom offices.
2. Kingdom Treasury & Dues
2.1.1 The Kingdom Treasury shall consist of those monies garnered from the receipt of dues paid, donations made to the club, and any proceeds generated from Kingdom level events.
2.1.2 The Monarch, Prime Minister, and Regent shall be authorized to spend up to 5% each of the total treasury not to exceed $150 per month for purposes of maintaining the Kingdom. This amount is not cumulative from month to month,
126.96.36.199 Any amount needing to be spent above and beyond this authorization must be approved by affirmative vote of the Board of Directors (BOD).
188.8.131.52 The cost of the publication of the Kingdom quarterly newsletter and its distribution shall not exceed $150 per publication.
184.108.40.206 Recurring bills, i.e. site fees, bank fees, event rentals, etc. shall not be included in those authorizations mentioned in 2.1.2 and 220.127.116.11.
18.104.22.168 All monies spent should be used for Kingdom business.
2.2.1 Dues are $6 for a six-month period and will be paid in the beginning of April and November and shall not be prorated.
2.2.2 Dues shall be paid semiannually to the local records keeper, one half of which shall remain in the local province with the remaining balance being forwarded to the Kingdom Prime Minister. *Note: Dues paid by members claiming no ‘home’ province shall be kept wholly by the Kingdom and shall be paid directly to the Kingdom Prime Minister.
2.2.3 Dues forwarded to the Prime Minister by the provincial records keepers shall be accompanied by a list of who paid (both mundane and persona names), amount paid, and that time frame the dues are to be applied to, and the expiration date of dues paid.
2.2.4 All dues paid members shall receive a dues paid card from the local leader and/or the Kingdom Prime Minister, such cards must be laminated.
3. Officers of the Kingdom
3.1 Duly Elected Officers – Those officers necessary for maintaining the Kingdom chosen by open election (except where stated otherwise).
3.1.1 General Requirements
22.214.171.124 Must be a member of the Kingdom for at least six months.
126.96.36.199 Must be a contributing member of the Kingdom for the previous six months.
188.8.131.52 Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of election.
184.108.40.206 Must have a working telephone at the time of election and maintain such through out the course of their term.
220.127.116.11 Must have access to a computer and email.
18.104.22.168 Shall be elected by a simple plurality from those candidates who meet those score and entry requirements of Crown Qualifications as outlined in Sections 9.2.1 & 9.2.2 of this document. *Exception: Kingdom Champion shall be that individual who from those candidates placed highest in the Crown Qualifications War Tourney and who did meet those score requirements of Crown Qualifications as outlined in Section 9.2.3. Guildmaster of Reeves shall be elected from among the members of the Reeves Guild who have been ‘reeve-qualified’ within the last six months.
3.1.2 General Information
22.214.171.124 No Kingdom level officer shall hold more than one position simultaneously to include any lesser leadership position within the Kingdom’s Provinces. *Exception: Kingdom level officers may hold Guildmaster positions within the various guilds with the exception of the Reeves Guild.
126.96.36.199 Shall hold term for six months.
188.8.131.52 Though there is no limit as to how many times one may hold a particular elected office, no one shall hold that office for more than two consecutive terms.
184.108.40.206 Shall forfeit their office if they are inactive for more than four weeks in a row or twelve weeks total. *Exception: the Monarch and Prime Minister and/or an Allthing will take special situations into consideration.
220.127.116.11 Has the authority to remove a member from a battlegame, tourney, or event for due cause such as unruly conduct, excessive roughness in a battlegame, physical or verbal confrontations outside of game play, threats, or intentional injury to person(s) or property.
18.104.22.168 Shall remain current in payment of dues during their term of office.
22.214.171.124 Insurance and Succession
126.96.36.199.1 All officers and directors of the Celestial Kingdom shall be personally indemnified and held harmless for all actions taken in good faith in the performance of their duties.
188.8.131.52.2 The Celestial Kingdom shall maintain Officers and Directors Insurance, i.e. bonding.
184.108.40.206.3 The order of succession to the Crown shall be Regent, then Prime Minister, then Champion of the Realm. In the event of a vacancy in the office of Monarch, the highest officer in the line of succession shall be named Monarch, and replacements shall be appointed by this Pro Tem Monarch to fill all vacant offices in the line of succession. Only the senior-most in the line of succession changes office. All of the above Pro Tems shall be approved by vote of Allthing within 30 days or an open election shall be called to fill the office within 60 days.
3.1.3 Benefits of Office
220.127.116.11 Shall not be required to pay any event fees within the Kingdom during their term in office.
18.104.22.168.1 Shall hold an automatic seat on the Board of Directors (BOD) during their term and as such shall be the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for the Kingdom.
22.214.171.124.2 Shall schedule and preside over a meeting of provincial leaders to bestow and schedule Corpora required and other Kingdom level events.
126.96.36.199.3 Shall ensure publication of a calendar of all Kingdom level events for their reign within 15 days after coronation. Should be made available by Weaponsmaster.
188.8.131.52.4 Shall preside over and conduct all Kingdom level ceremonies and functions.
184.108.40.206.5 Shall solicit a list from provincial leaders of proposed recipients of Kingdom level awards not less than 15 days nor more than 30 days prior to Midreign and Coronation.
220.127.116.11.6 May, at their discretion, grant additional sign-in credits for events.
18.104.22.168.7 Will break ties in any election.
22.214.171.124.8 May award honors, awards, and titles as stated in Section 6. *Note: May give these to anyone they find deserving but they shall not bestow Titles, Masterhoods, or Knighthoods or other high level awards (sixth through tenth) to members of other Kingdoms.
126.96.36.199.9 May create new honors, awards, and titles as deemed necessary.
188.8.131.52.1 Shall hold an automatic seat on the BOD.
184.108.40.206.2 Shall head and be responsible for the Guilds of Arts and Sciences.
220.127.116.11.3 Shall be responsible for fostering the growth of Arts and Sciences within the Kingdom.
18.104.22.168.4 Shall be responsible for running the Crown Qualifications A&S Tourney and at least one other Kingdom level A&S tourney/activity.
22.214.171.124.5 Shall publish the complete records of all Kingdom A&S Tourneys.
126.96.36.199.6 Shall work with the Monarch to solicit a list of proposed recipients of Kingdom level awards.
188.8.131.52.7 May award honors, awards, and titles as stated in Sec.6.
184.108.40.206.8 May create new honors, awards, and titles as deemed necessary.
220.127.116.11 Prime Minister
18.104.22.168.1 Shall hold an automatic seat on the BOD.
22.214.171.124.2 Shall maintain Kingdom records using software provided by the Kingdom Archivist.
126.96.36.199.3 Shall update said records monthly from those inputs received from the various provincial record keepers.
188.8.131.52.4 Shall maintain the Kingdom Treasury, to include the monthly and event financial statements, monthly bank account statements, and checkbook.
184.108.40.206.5 Shall maintain accurate records on the contributing, awards, and attendance status of all Kingdom’s populace.
220.127.116.11.6 Shall be responsible for providing Corporas, rulebooks, Dor Un Avatars (monster manuals), and newsletters to Provincial leaders upon reasonable request.
18.104.22.168.7 Shall oversee the publication of a newsletter at least once per quarter with full disclosure of Kingdom financial transactions for that quarter.
22.214.171.124.8 Shall provide, upon demand, full financial disclosure to the Monarch, BOD, or Allthing.
126.96.36.199.1 Shall maintain the Kingdom lost & found.
188.8.131.52.2 Shall be responsible for ensuring that all weapons and armor have been checked for safety and legality.
184.108.40.206.3 Has the authority to remove from the field any weapon or armor they deem unsafe.
220.127.116.11.4 Shall be responsible for organizing battlegames at Kingdom level events when there are no predetermined scenarios scheduled.
18.104.22.168.5 Shall be the defender of the Crown.
22.214.171.124 Guildmaster of Reeves:
126.96.36.199.1 Shall work with the Monarch, Prime Minister, Champion, and Provincial leaders to ensure that the rules are applied accurately, fairly, and honestly on the battlefield and in the tourney ring.
188.8.131.52.2 Shall work with the Champion in checking armor and weapons for safety and legality.
184.108.40.206.3 Shall ensure that there are an appropriate number of reeves at any Kingdom Event and ensure that their conduct is competent and fair.
220.127.116.11.4 Shall have the right and responsibility to make rules interpretations where the rules of play are ambiguous or unsafe.
18.104.22.168.5 Shall administer a Reeves test at Crown Qualifications, Kingdom Coronation, Kingdom Weaponsmaster, Kingdom Quest, and Kingdom Midreign and shall provide Kingdom level Reeves test to Provincial groups upon request.
22.214.171.124.6 May enforce a warning, a bout forfeiture, tourney disqualification, or removal from battlegame for particularly troublesome or unsportsman-like conduct at any event.
126.96.36.199.7 Shall issue to Kingdom qualified Reeves a Reeve’s Card, which shall include the Reeve’s name (mundane & persona), their local province, and an expiration date which coincides with the end of the reign in which it is issued.
188.8.131.52.8 Shall maintain a list of all Kingdom qualified Reeves, including their contact information.
3.2 Mandatory Appointed Officers
3.2.1 General Information
184.108.40.206 Shall hold appointment for six months, unless dismissed by the one(s) who made the appointment.
220.127.116.11 Shall forfeit their office if they are inactive more than four weeks in a row or twelve weeks total. *Exception: Those who made the appointment shall take special situations into consideration.
18.104.22.168 Captain of the Guard (appointed by the Monarch)
22.214.171.124.1 Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of appointment.
126.96.36.199.2 Shall share duties with the Champion in carrying out Crown policies.
188.8.131.52.3 Shall enforce those security policies that the Crown and their autocrats set forth at Kingdom events.
184.108.40.206.4 Shall be in charge of mundane security at ALL Kingdom level events.
220.127.116.11.5 Shall ensure that the Crown Guard is properly augmented to provide adequate round-the-clock security at ALL Kingdom level events
18.104.22.168.6 Shall ensure that the Monarch and Regent are properly escorted.
22.214.171.124.7 Shall be responsible for the safe storage, handling, and use of security related property owned by the Kingdom.
126.96.36.199 Regent’s Defender (appointed by the Regent)
188.8.131.52.1 Shall escort and serve the Regent as the Champion augments the Monarch.
184.108.40.206.2 Shall act as “second” to the Captain of the Guard.
220.127.116.11 Scribe (appointed by the Monarch)
18.104.22.168.1 Shall have a working telephone at the time of appointment and access to a computer and email and shall maintain such throughout the course of their appointment.
22.214.171.124.2 Shall work with the Prime Minister to ensure that the Kingdom quarterly newsletter is printed.
126.96.36.199.3 Shall print any fliers, letters, or other news of the Crown.
188.8.131.52.4 Shall work with the Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister and Provincial leaders to maintain a calendar of events.
184.108.40.206.5 Shall keep the minutes of all Kingdom meetings and Allthings.
220.127.116.11.6 Shall ensure that the Prime Minister and Archivist received listings of bestowed honors, awards, and titles in a timely manner.
18.104.22.168 Crown Guard (appointed jointly by the Monarch and Regent)
22.214.171.124.1 No more than 10 individuals should be chosen.
126.96.36.199.2 Shall escort the Monarch and Regent and shall aid the Captain of the Guard in their duties as outlined previously in Section 188.8.131.52
184.108.40.206 Must be at least 18 years of age and have access to a computer and email, phone, and shall have space to store copies of Kingdom Records.
220.127.116.11 Once appointed by the Monarch, the Archivist shall serve until their resignation, miss more than 12 weeks in a six month period, or is removed from office by affirmative vote of ¾ of the total vote of all Provinces.
18.104.22.168 Shall remain a dues paid member of a province of the Celestial Kingdom at all times at their own expense.
22.214.171.124 Shall have no authority in the government of the Kingdom at any time, and shall not be entitled to spend any Kingdom funds for any purpose.
126.96.36.199 Shall keep the history of the Kingdom in general. This history is to consist of copies of any and all newsletters published by the Kingdom or any of its Provinces, financial reports, calendars of events held, pictures taken at events, any writings of the populace, and anything else submitted relating to the Celestial Kingdom and its history or activities.
188.8.131.52 Shall be responsible for maintaining a complete set of backup records for every member province of the Celestial Kingdom. This is to include setting up and maintaining a notebook for each province which contains a waiver and listing of persona name(s), credits, awards, and contact information for each member of the province. This is to be updated monthly.
184.108.40.206 Shall also be responsible for maintaining a current copy of the Amtgard Rulebook, the Dor Un Avatar (monster manual), and the Corpora of the Celestial Kingdom and any similar governing documents of its provinces.
220.127.116.11 Shall be responsible for maintaining records of all tourneys held at the Kingdom level (both fighting and Arts & Sciences (A&S)). Provinces shall be encouraged to make available their tourney results to the Archivist. Tourney information should include a complete listing of contestants, events entered, description of entries (A&S only), scores, and a statement of how the standings were determined.
18.104.22.168 Every dues paid member of the Kingdom shall have access to inspect any and all of the items in the Celestial Kingdom Archives for any reasonable purpose by making an appointment with the Archivist. The Archivist shall make copies of any documents upon request, at the member’s expense.
22.214.171.124 All members of the populace are encouraged to send originals or copies of original items of historical interest to the Archivist for permanent retention in the Celestial Kingdom Archives.
126.96.36.199 There shall be NO “automatic” awards or titles associated with the position of Archivist.
3.3 Suggested Appointed Officers
3.3.1 Those positions that the Monarch should seriously consider filling; and thus, appointment and dismissal are at the Monarch’s discretion.
3.3.2 Crown Bard – Responsible for providing/coordinating entertainment at official club functions.
3.3.3 Crown Herald – Responsible for the rules of order for Court and Feast.
3.3.4 Crown Jester – Responsible for humor and levity at official club functions.
4.1 Fighting Guildmasters
4.1.1 One must have participated for credit in a fighting class during the last six months in order to vote for that fighting guild’s Guildmaster. Fighting Guilds include those referenced in Section 6.3.1.
4.1.2 Each fighting guild will elect their Guildmaster at Coronation. The Guildmaster will be elected from those qualified to vote.
4.1.3 Guildmasters may be removed from office by a 2/3 vote of all guild members plus approval of the Monarch and Prime Minister.
4.1.4 Local groups may have their own fighting class Guildmasters as needed
188.8.131.52 Encourage the members of their guild to follow the proper rules and spirit of their guild.
184.108.40.206 Encourage garb, equipment, and persona applicable to their guild.
220.127.116.11 Shall provide information and encouragement to the new member of their guild.
4.2 Non-Fighting Guildmasters
4.2.1 Arts and Sciences Guildmasters
18.104.22.168 The non-fighting guilds shall have a Guildmaster chosen every six months at the Crown feast. The Monarch shall appoint the Science Guildmasters, and the Regent shall appoint the Arts Guildmasters.
22.214.171.124 Although the guilds may vary, the following are examples:
126.96.36.199.1 Arts – Garbers, Art, Literature, Minstrels, Theater
188.8.131.52.2 Sciences – Heraldry, Sages, Engineers, Smiths
184.108.40.206 Guildmasters are responsible for encouraging the interest, growth, and application of their particular discipline in the club. Guildmasters are also responsible for recommending award(s) and recognition in their area.
220.127.116.11 Certain Arts and Sciences Guildmasters have additional duties:
18.104.22.168.1 Garbers – Inform the Monarch and the Regent when a Garber order should be awarded for any of the following reasons: making good garb for others, armor construction, flag constructions, making superior garb for oneself.
22.214.171.124.2 Heraldry – Collect and maintain persona, company, and household symbols; also any persona histories of club members.
4.3 Reeves Guild
4.3.1 Guild members are those who have passed the Kingdom Reeves test during the previous reign with a score of 70% or better.
126.96.36.199 While under the jurisdiction of the Monarch and the Guildmaster of Reeves, the Reeves have the following battlegame powers:
188.8.131.52.1 May add newcomers and adjust the teams to balance the game, and may declare the end to a game if play is stagnating.
184.108.40.206.2 May call whether a hit on a person is valid or not.
220.127.116.11.3 Will take unsafe people or equipment off the battlefield.
18.104.22.168.4 May declare a person dead if they are persistently causing problems.
22.214.171.124.5 May take time off a person’s death if they died especially well.
126.96.36.199.6 Shall help participants in their understanding of the games.
188.8.131.52.7 Shall ensure that the quality of play is honest and in keeping with the spirit of the rules.
184.108.40.206.8 Shall appoint additional people to reeve, as they are needed.
4.4 Circle of Steel
4.4.1 Shall be comprised of the captains (or equivalent) of all companies with member(s) in the Kingdom.
4.4.2 Shall organize and orchestrate inter-company related activities within the club.
4.5 Circle of Knights (CoK)
220.127.116.11 Only the Monarch may award a candidate Knighthood and should have the CoK’s approval by simple plurality vote. The reserved symbols of Knighthood are the white belt trimmed accordingly, the unadorned chain, and spurs.
18.104.22.168.1 If the candidate is Squired, and their Knight is present, then the honor of Knighting the candidate may be given to their Knight.
22.214.171.124.2 If a Knight of the Kingdom qualifies for another Order of Knighthood, the meeting concerning the granting of that next order shall be held with the absence of that qualified Knight.
126.96.36.199.3 If the Guildmaster of the CoK, GM CoK, qualifies for another Order of Knighthood, then the CoK may call an impromptu meeting without the GM CoK presence.
188.8.131.52.3.1 The remaining Knights at that meeting will agree on who will run the meeting.
184.108.40.206 Any Knight may attend a CoK meeting. However, only those Knights who are Active Contributing Members of the Kingdom are allowed to vote on Knight candidates. NOTE: A Knight that is otherwise not qualified to vote may do so with the approval of the Guildmaster of the CoK (GM CoK) and the Monarch.
220.127.116.11.1 Non-Knights may attend a CoK meeting upon invitation and its approval by the CoK.
18.104.22.168 Shall observe group members of the Kingdom for those qualified to receive Knighthood.
4.5.3 Guildmaster of the Circle of Knights (GM CoK)
22.214.171.124 At every Coronation the GM CoK shall be elected from the CoK and shall hold that position for that Reign.
126.96.36.199 Shall call, notify all Knights of, and preside over CoK meetings. NOTE: If the GM CoK is unable or unwilling to call a meeting of the CoK, then the Monarch may choose to.
188.8.131.52 Shall inform Knights of the Kingdom that are absent from a CoK meeting of what transpired at that meeting.
184.108.40.206 Shall maintain a current listing of all active and inactive Knights within the Kingdom.
220.127.116.11 Shall maintain a list of all individuals within the Kingdom who have achieved or are nearing the achievement of Masterhood in any of the ladder awards, such list to be provided by the Kingdom Prime Minister.
18.104.22.168 Shall maintain a record of all CoK meetings and can be accomplished by either the GM CoK or an appointed secretary from amongst those Knights present.
22.214.171.124 A Knight may choose to mentor an individual(s) through squiring them. The reserved symbol of a Squire is the red belt.
126.96.36.199 Though it is strongly recommended that Knights only take one Squire per belt, they may choose to take more if they feel that they are able to take on the added responsibility.
4.5.5 Removal of Knighthoods
188.8.131.52 Knighthoods may be removed by a ¾ plurality vote of the Circle of Knights and with the agreement of the Monarch. NOTE: Knights removed by the CoK have the right to petition the CoK for re-admittance.
5.1 Definition of Provinces
5.1.1 A group, who in order for a group to receive assistance from the Kingdom Proper, has signed a contract wit6h the Kingdom level and has been issued an adjoining Writ of Province.
5.2.1 A group consisting of at least 5 waivered players in attendance.
5.3.1 A group consisting of at least 15 waivered players in attendance.
5.3.2 Shires wishing to be raised to Baronial status must submit records showing that the above number of waivered players, 15, was reached and maintained over the previous six month period.
5.3.3 Existing Baronies must maintain this average to maintain their Baronial status.
5.4.1 A group consisting of at least 30 waivered players in attendance.
5.4.2 Shires and/or Baronies wishing to be raised to Ducal status must submit records showing that the above number of waivered players, 30, was reached and maintained over the previous contiguous 6 month period.
5.4.3 Existing Duchies must maintain this average to maintain their Ducal status.
5.5 Grand Duchy/Principality
5.5.1 Administrative Grand Duchy/Principality
184.108.40.206 Those groups set forth by the Crown for the sole purpose of assisting in streamlining the regular maintenance of Kingdom records.
220.127.116.11 Such groups shall sign contracts with the Kingdom and will be issued a Writ of Province delineating those subgroups for which they shall be held responsible.
5.5.2 Petitioning Grand Duchy/Principality
18.104.22.168 As one of the objectives of all Amtgard Kingdoms is to promote the expansion of the Game, subgroups shall be afforded the opportunity to petition the Kingdom proper with the eventual goal of being recognized as an independent Kingdom with all of its own rights and responsibilities of said status.
· Should any Kingdom province or group of provinces wish to petition the Kingdom proper for separate Kingdom status then the following must be accomplished:
*Through an audit verification the group (or groups) seeking such status must initially consist of 75 waivered players in attendance.
*Each province listed must have held an open vote amongst their own local populace with a ¾ majority voting to secede from the Kingdom Proper into the group seeking separate Kingdom status.
*Members of those subgroups voting to secede into the petitioning group who wish to remain members of the Kingdom proper must be allowed to do so and their numbers will not count towards the petitioning groups’.
*One Kingdom official and one official from the group seeking to petition for Kingdom status shall oversee these votings.
*Though no proxy voting shall be allowed in said votings, absentee voting shall be.
*A new and separate contract must be signed explicitly stating such.
*A new Writ of Province will be issued to that group.
*The petitioning group must maintain an average of 75 waivered members over a consecutive 24 month period in order to have reached that point to be considered for Kingdom status and must meet all requirements set frth by the BOD of Amtgard, Burning Lands Inc.
5.6 Provincial level Officers
· Each position shall be held for a six-month period and no officer may hold the same position more than twice consecutively. Those holding Provincial level positions must be at least 14 years of age, have been playing in their province for at least 6 months and be a Contributing Member. Each province must have present at its activities a member of legal age in order for its activities to be sanctioned by the Kingdom.
5.6.1 Provincial Leader
· Of a Shire shall be known as Mayor or Sheriff or Mayor.
· Of a Barony shall be known as Baron or Baroness
· Of a Duchy shall be known as Duke or Duchess
· Of a Grand Duchy shall be known as Grand Duke or Duchess
· Of a Principality shall be known as Prince or Princess
5.6.2 Provincial Arts & Sciences Leader (co-leader)
· Not required at the Sire level but if position exists then known as Regent.
· Of a Barony, Duchy, Grand Duchy, or Principality shall be known as Regent.
5.6.3 Provincial Records Keeper
· Not required at the Shire level but if position exists shall be known as Clerk.
· Of a Barony shall be known as Seneschal.
· Of a Duchy shall be known as Chancellor.
· Of a Grand Duchy or Principality shall be known as General Minister.
5.6.4 Provincial Defender
· Not required at the Shire level but if position exists shall be known as Defender.
· Of a Barony, Duchy, Grand Duchy, or Principality shall be known as Defender.
5.6.5 Provincial Level Officers
· Must have been an active, waivered, dues paid Provincial member for the previous six months.
· Must be 14 years of age or older at the time of election. NOTE: It is always recommended that at least one of those in provincial leadership positions be at least 18 years of age for legal purposes.
· The duly elected official shall hold the position for six months.
· Though there is no limit on how many times one may hold a particular position, no one shall hold it for more than two consecutive terms.
· Shall forfeit the position if more than four weeks in a row or twelve weeks total are missed. Exception: an Allthing will take special situations into consideration.
5.6.6 Position Responsibilities
· Shall preside over and conduct all their province’s ceremonies and functions.
· Shall attend all necessary Kingdom level meetings which directly affect their province.
· Shall assist the Kingdom Monarch in fulfillment of their duties
· May bestow up to that level they are allowed those awards listed in Section 6.
· May create new provincial-level honors, awards, and positions as deemed necessary.
· Shall become the Pro-Tem leader if the incumbent leader should become unable to fulfill their duties.
· Shall act at their leaders “second” when necessary.
· Shall be responsible for fostering the growth of Arts and Sciences within their Province.
· Shall assist the Kingdom Regent in fulfillment of their duties.
· May bestow up to the level they are allowed those awards listed in Section 6.
· May create new provincial-level honors, awards, and positions as deemed necessary.
22.214.171.124 Records Keeper
· Is responsible for assisting the Kingdom Prime Minister in fulfillment of their duties and for providing monthly updates of provincial records.
· Shall maintain the provincial treasury, to include the monthly and event financial statements.
· Shall maintain accurate records on the contributing, awards, and attendance status of all provincial populace members.
· Shall be responsible for providing rulebooks, Dor Un Avatars (monster manuals), and newsletters to provincial contributing members.
· Shall maintain a provincial “Lost & Found”.
· Shall ensure tha the event and battle game sites are reasonably litter-free at the close of the event.
· Shall assist the Kingdom Champion in fulfillment of their duties.
· Shall check weapons and armor for safety and legality.
· Shall organize battle games.
6. Honors and Awards
6.1 Non Ladder Awards – Those awards that are given for recognition that do not lead toKnighthood.
6.1.1 Order of the Boken – a one-time award given to an outstanding fighter who has been in the game less than six months. May be given by Kingdom, Principality, Grand Duchy, Duchy, and Barony Leaders.
6.1.2 Order of the Flame – Given only once per Reign for outstanding contributions to the club by a group (i.e. fighting company, household, order, or province). May be given only by the Kingdom Monarch.
6.1.3 Order of the Golden Dragon – a one-time award which may be given only once per Reign for outstanding representation of the spirit of the Celestial Kingdom both within the game and within the Mundane. May be given only by the Kingdom Monarch.
6.1.4 Order of the Hydra – given to those per each Crown Qualifications who meet the Monarch qualification eligibility. May only be given by the Kingdom Monarch or Regent.
6.1.5 Order of the Jovious – may be given only once per Reign for the most outstanding attitude. May be given by any group leader.
6.1.6 Order of the Mask – may be given once per Reign for the most outstanding persona portrayal and roleplay. May be gien by any group leader.
6.1.7 Order of the Walker of the Middle – a one-time award given for exemplification of the ideals and conduct of reeves. May be given only by the Kingdom Monarch.
6.1.8 Order of the Zodiac – one per month which may be given for outstanding contributions in any one month. May be given by Kingdom, Principality, Grand Duchy, Duchy, and Barony Leaders.
6.2 Ladder Awards – those awards that lead to Knighthood whose each specific ascending order are increasingly harder to earn. Each order should note the achievements for which it is given.
6.2.1 Order of the Dragon – given for outstanding achievement in the Arts mediums, i.e., 2 D Art, 3 D Art, Music, Thespian, Jewelry, Garb, Photography, cooking & Vintner, Writing. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), and Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders or Regents.
6.2.2 Order of the Garber – given for the making of outstanding garb for oneself and others, armor construction, flag/banner construction. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders or Regents.
6.2.3 Order of the Griffon – given for consistent outstanding chivalry, honor, and leadership in the tourney ring and on the battlefield. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders.
6.2.4 Order of the Lion – given for outstanding service and loyalty to the Kingdom, for going ‘above and beyond’ the call of duty or for consistent unfailing leadership. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th) Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders
6.2.5 Order of the Owl – given for outstanding achievements in the Sciences, i.e. the making of Amtgard legal weapons & shields, non-Amtgard weapons & shields, leather work, armor, siege weapons, furniture, equipment, etc. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders or Regents.
6.2.6 Order of the Rose – given for exemplary, selfless dedicated service to the Kingdom. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders or Regents.
6.2.7 Order of the Smith – given for autocrating major Amtgard event, publications, workshops (collegiums), demonstrations or other comparable service to the club. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders or Regents.
6.2.8 Order of the Warrior – given for fighting ability upon the tournament fields or for outstanding battlefield prowess. May be given by Kingdom (no limit), Principality/Grand Duchy (up to 8th), Duchy (up to 6th), Barony (up to 4th), or Shire (up to 2nd) Leaders or Regen ts. NOTE: Once an individual has achieved a particular level, their ‘win count’ status starts over at zero and progresses from there; example: Starting with no wins, winning seven in a row, would bring first level warrior award, not third level warrior award.
1 3 straight Green Snake
2 5 straight Blue Boar
3 7 straight Red Mongoose
4 9 straight Brown Bear
5 11 straight Rust Hawk
6 13 straight Gray Wolf
7 15 straight Orange Tiger
8 17 straight Black Panther
9 19 straight Purple Dragon
10 21 straight Red w/ Yellow Border Phoenix
6.3.1 Fighting Class Masterhoods
6.3.2 Though anyone may nominate another for this type of Masterhood, they are awarded only after consultation with and/or at the recommendation of that Class Guildmaster.
6.3.3 Candidate must have a minimum of 12 weeks experience in the class.
6.3.4 The following should be kept in mind before nomination:
· Outstanding class portrayal through role-play and use of quality garb and equipment.
· Thorough knowledge of class rules and the concept thereof.
6.3.5 Award of Class Masterhood does not affect experience and is independent of levels gained.
6.3.6 Masters are entitled to wear on their garb a slash or stripe of that guild’s color. If thjs slash or stripe is inset on a belt or sash of the same color, then black or white borders may delineate it.
6.4 Order Masterhoods
· Warrior (shall be known as Warlord)
6.4.1 It is highly recommended that candidates should have a minimum of 10 orders awarded.
6.4.2 Order Masterhood denotes excellence in the contributions to the club in the Arts & Sciences and in Service to the Club.
6.4.3 It should not be awarded lightly.
Many people want the mark of achievement more than the achievement itself, and believe that a white belt will elevate them past their own foibles and fears. This section is an attempt to partially recognize the efforts of our brightest and our best. In the mundane world, Knighthood is awarded for a variety of reasons (winning a Nobel Prize, organizing a n effort to feed the starving in Africa, excellence in the Arts, excellence in military service, etc.). It is to be hoped that Amtgard will take a page from this more enlightened perspective. Candidates for Knighthood should have achieved at minimum the criteria listed. The achievement of criteria set forth does not automatically grant Knighthood as those traditional positive knightly virtues (chivalry, honor, leadership, and service) weigh heavy in selection.
6.5.1 The Orders of Knighthood
126.96.36.199 Knight of the Crown – Symbolized by a white belt trimmed/decorated with gold, is a civic order for serving in the highest echelons of the club.
· Recommended Minimum Requirements:
*Complete two terms as Kingdom Monarch. OR
*Serve in three of the following six positions: Kingdom Monarch, Kingdom Regent, Kingdom Prime Minister,
Kingdom Champion, Principality or Grand Duchy Leader, or Principality or Grand Duchy General Minister, OR
*Attain Masterhood of the Lion.
188.8.131.52 Knight of the Flame – Symbolized by a white belt trimmed/decorated with red, is a service order for continued contributions to the club.
· Recommended Minimum Requirements:
*Attain Masterhood of the Rose, OR
*Attain Masterhood of the Smith,
*Attain Masterhood of the Lion.
184.108.40.206 Knight of the Serpent – Symbolized by a white belt trimmed/decorated with green, is an achievement order for excellence in the arts and/or sciences.
· Recommended Minimum Requirements:
*Attain Masterhood of the Dragon, OR
*Attain Masterhood of the Owl, OR
*Attain Masterhood of the Garber.
220.127.116.11 Knight of the Sword – Symbolized by a white belt trimmed/decorated with silver, is a military order for fighting skills, battlefield prowess, and field leadership.
· Recommended Minimum Requirements:
*Earning the Title of Warlord, OR
*Attaining 3 of the following 4:
*Master of the Griffin
*Achieving the Title of Defender
*Achieving the Title of Weaponsmaster
*Winning the Crown Qualifications War Tourney.
7.1 The Allthing is the democratic heart of any Amtgard organization.
7.2 Allthing Responsibilities
· Discuss and enact rule clarifications and supplements.
· Revise and update the Corpora
· Discuss and vote on major expenditures of the club treasury over that amount not specifically allowed the Monarch and Prime Minister.
· Discuss the future of the Kingdom and its Priorities.
· Deliberate on and ratify/reject proposals by to the Allthing.
7.3 Types of Allthings
7.3.1 Routine – Those held at each Coronation and MidReign gathering.
7.3.2 Special – those called for by petition to or by the Monarch and Prime Minister.
· The Prime Minister shall give at least 2 weeks written notice, to include the proposal(s), to each provincial ruler and record keeper.
· The Prime Minister shall confirm receipt of notice.
7.4 Notice of Proposals
7.4.1 No item may be voted upon at any Allthing unless it has first been sent in written form to the Prime Minister at least 45 days before the scheduled Allthing.
7.4.2 The Prime Minister shall send in writing each Proposal to be considered to every Provincial Leader and record keeper at least 30 days prior to the meeting.
7.4.3 This rule may be suspended, and action taken on any item of business, by an affirmative vote of three-fourths of total votes of attendees.
7.4.4 For purposes of suspending the notice requirement, a separate vote is required to take action on each item of business not meeting the notice requirement.
7.5 Rules of Order and Tie Breaking
7.5.1 The Monarch shall set the rules of order and shall vote to break all ties.
7.5.2 The Prime Minister shall preside over the Allthing and if not present must designate his stand-in.
7.5.3 Both the Monarch and the Prime Minister shall have the joint authority to rule on amendment; such as deciding that said changes to a proposal change the proposal enough to warrant that it go through the notice procedure again before being brought to a vote.
7.5.4 The Kingdom Scribe shall make a written record (i.e., minutes) of all business brought forth before the Allthing and all actions taken.
18.104.22.168 This record shall include at a minimum the name of the person who brought the item forth, the essential elements of any discussion, and the results of any votes.
22.214.171.124 A copy of this written record shall be published as well as sent to each Provincial Leader and record keeper and the Kingdom Archivist.
126.96.36.199 Changes to the Corpora shall be sent to each Provincial Leader and record keeper and the Kingdom Archivist as an appendix to be added to their copy of the Corpora.
188.8.131.52.1 Such changes will include amendment title, the section of the Corpora to which it applies, date and place of ratification, and the signatures of both the reigning Monarch and Prime Minister (mundane and Persona).
7.6.1 Quorum shall be met with the equivalent of the sum total of 10 Contributing Members per each Duchy plus 5 Contributing Members per each Barony plus 1 Contributing Member per each Shire (i.e., if the Kingdom consists of 2 Duchies, 4 Baronies, and 3 Shires at the time of the Allthing then Quorum would b3 (10*2)+(5*4)+(1*3) = 20+20+3 = 43 total Contributing Members in attendance regardless of which Province(s) they hail from.
7.6.2 The Prime Minister will call for the vote.
7.6.3 Allthing votes shall be taken by a show of voting cards.
8.1 Winter Prime Minister Intents – in writing to the incumbent Monarch no later than the 3rd weekend in January.
8.2 Winter Midreign – 3rd weekend in February.
8.3 Spring War – the 2nd or 3rd weekend in March. The specific date and autocrat shall be selected not later than the preceding Summer Midreign in order to ensure site reservation and adequate preparation time.
8.4 Spring Crown Intents - in writing to the incumbent Prime Minister no later than the 3rd weekend in March.
8.5 Spring Crown Quals – 1st weekend in April.
8.6 Spring Elections - 3rd weekend in April.
8.7 Spring Coronation – 1st weekend in May.
8.8 Spring Weapon Master – 3rd Weekend in May.
8.9 Summer Prime Minister Intents – in writing to the incumbent Monarch no later than the 3rd weekend in July.
8.10 Summer Midreign – 3rd weekend in August.
8.11 Fall Crown Intents – in writing to the incumbent Prime Minister not later than the 3rd weekend in September.
8.12 Fall Crown Quals – 1st weekend in October
8.13 Fall Elections – 3rd weekend in October
8.14 Fall Coronation – 1st weekend in November.
8.16 Fall Weapon Master – 3rd weekend in November.
8.17 A Kingdom Quest shall be scheduled each Reign per the incumbent Monarch’s direction.
8.18 It is HIGHLY recommended that nothing be scheduled for the last weekend of November (Thanksgiving), the last 2-3 weekends of December (Holy holidays), the first weekend of January (Holiday recovery), or the last 2 weekends of July (Gathering of the Clans), so as to avoid scheduling conflicts.
9.1 Crown Qualifications
9.1.1 Shall be held as per Kingdom Calendar states in Section 8.5 & 8.12.
9.1.2 Shall consist of a Warrior’s Tourney, run by the Champion with assistance from the Guildmaster of Reeves and the Reeves Guild, and an Arts & Sciences Tourney, run by the incumbent Regent. NOTE: If either is a candidate required to ENTER Crown Qualifications, they shall appoint an alternate to run their respective Tourney.
9.1.3 The Warriors’ Tourney shall consist of not less than 7 individual events, and shall include Single Short Sword, Florentine Melee, Single Sword and Shield, Open Weapon, Great Weapon/Polearm. Other styles that may be considered are Throwing Weapons, Double Dagger, Two-man Team, Staff, and Archery.
184.108.40.206 Placing shall be determined by the total number of points garnered, which shall be determined by 5 points per each 1st placing, 3 points per 2nd placing, and 1 point per each 3rd placing, plus 1 point per each win.
9.1.4 The Arts & Sciences Tourney shall consist of at least 7 categories which may include any of the following:
· Art – may be further divided into 2D and 3D.
· Writing – may be further divided into Fiction, Non-Fiction, and Poetry.
· Bardic – may be further divided into Singing, Dancing, Dramatic Reading, Storytelling, etc.
· Construction – may be further divided into Active (for use on the battlefield) and Passive (not for use on the battlefield).
· Weapon Construction
· Shield Construction
· Armor Construction
· Garb – may be further divided into Court, Fighting, and Monster.
· Accessory – may be further divided to include Jewelry, Court Accessory, and Field Accessory.
· Cooking – may be further divided into Entrée, Dessert, and Beverage.
· Rose – that which was made as a gift to the Kingdom or its Provinces, Companies, Households, etc.
· Smith – those works that are informational/instructional in nature.
220.127.116.11 Whether or not a category is divided shall be at the discretion of the autocrat but categories should not be so divided that there are less than 3 entries in a category.
9.1.5 Entrants shall be restricted to a maximum of three entries per category.
9.1.6 Entries shall be graded on a 0-5 scale, incremental in tenths of a point, with 3.0 being average journeyman work.
9.1.7 The incumbent Guildmaster of Reeves and Champion of the Realm will rule on all Weapon, Shield, and Armor safety issues. Exception: If the item(s) in question belong to either of the above 2 people, or if they cannot come to an agreement, then the Monarch will make the ruling.
9.1.8 Any item which has been entered as for “use on the field” which is determined to be unsafe shall be assigned a score of ZERO. NOTE: Entrants shall be given the opportunity to switch it to more appropriate category (accessory, passive construction, etc.) or remove it from judgement.
9.1.9 A&S Tourney placement shall be in order of highest average score to lowest average score determined by the following formula:
· Overall average for all items entered multiplied by 5, plus
· One point for each ‘Best In Class’ (minimum 3 entrants), plus
· One point for each item entered that had an average score of 3.0 or better.
9.2 Candidate Qualification Criteria
9.2.1 Candidates for Monarch shall be required to enter:
· At least 5 A&S entries in at least 2 categories with an average score of 3.0, AND
· At least 5 Warriors’ Tourney events.
9.2.2 Candidates for Regent shall be required to enter:
· At least 7 A&S entries in at least 4 categories with an average score of 3.5, AND
· At least 3 Warriors’ Tourney events.
9.2.3 Candidates for Champion shall be required to enter:
· At least 3 A&S entries, two of which must be in two of the following three categories: Weapon Construction, Shield Construction, and Armor with an average score of 3.0, AND
· At least 7 Warriors’ Tourney events.
9.2.4 All candidates must pass both the current Kingdom Reeves Test and the Kingdom Corpora Test (closed book), which will be administered by the Autocrat, with a 70% or better score on the day of Qualifications. Candidates are allowed one retake on each test.
9.3 Kingdom Elections
9.3.1 Shall be conducted by the Prime Minister, except the Prime Minister Election, which shall be run by the Monarch.
9.3.2 The winner of any election requires a simple plurality vote (more votes than any other candidate).
9.3.3 The Monarch shall break any tie votes in a Kingdom election.
9.3.4 Shall be done by secret ballot.
9.3.5 It is the responsibility of members wishing to vote to prove their eligibility.
9.3.6 Voting shall be held in a centralized location that is NOT a provincial park.
9.3.7 Voting Procedures
18.104.22.168 To vote, a member shall print their mundane name on and sign the voter list (two copies) for a ballot.
22.214.171.124 The Prime Minister then signs a ballot and gives it to the member.
126.96.36.199 The member marks the ballot in secret and places it in the ballot box.
188.8.131.52 The voting shall be open for a minimum of two hours.
184.108.40.206 When voting closes, the Prime Minister, with the Guildmaster of Reeves and the Guildmaster of Knights shall open the ballot box and separately tally the votes. NOTE: If either the GMR or GMK is not present, the Prime Minister shall appoint appropriate replacement(s).
220.127.116.11 The tallies shall include number of votes for each candidate and number of blank ballots.
9.3.8 Absentee Voting
18.104.22.168 Contributing Members of the Kingdom wishing to vote absentee are required to do the following:
· Notify the Prime Minister no later than Crown Qualifications of their desire to absentee vote.
· Submit to the Prime Minister the following:
*Current postal mailing address
*Current telephone number
22.214.171.124 The Prime Minister shall be responsible for making available absentee ballots to those requesting such by supplying the absentee voter with a stamped envelope addressed to the Prime Minister containing one blank ballot.
126.96.36.199 For control purposes, each absentee ballot being issued shall contain thereon a control number.
188.8.131.52.1 Such number shall allow the Prime Minister to track the number of absentee ballots issued versus the number received.
184.108.40.206 All received absentee ballots shall be held unopened until the close of elections, and at that time any control number shall be removed and the ballot shall be counted among those cast at the election site.
9.3.9 Date of Elections
220.127.116.11 Monarch and Regent – Shall be held as stated in Sections 8.6 and 8.13.
18.104.22.168 Prime Minister – shall be held as stated in Sections 8.2 and 8.10
22.214.171.124 Board of Directors – shall be held in conjunction with Coronation Allthing.
9.3.10 All pertinent paperwork in regards to Crown elections and Prime Minister elections shall be kept on file by the Prime Minister for one month from the date of the election.
10. Board of Directors (BOD)
10.1 General Information
10.1.1 Serves as the business management offices and corporate offices of the organization.
10.1.2 Shall be responsible for ensuring that the organization is operated according to the Laws and Regulations of the United States and the State of Texas.
10.1.3 Shall be responsible for accounting for Kingdom Funds.
10.1.4 Shall serve as the authority in any matters involving the club and individuals or organizations outside the club with whom the Kingdom may wish to conduct business.
10.1.5 BOD Members must be at least 18 years of age, and have been voting members of the Kingdom for a minimum of one (1) year.
10.1.6 The BOD shall consist of seven (7) voting and two (2) non-voting members.
10.1.6.1 The Monarch, Regent, and Prime Minister shall hold automatic voting seats on the BOD.
10.1.6.2 Two other voting members shall be elected at each Coronation.
10.1.6.3 BOD members determined via election shall serve for one (1) year.
10.1.6.4 BOD members determined by automatic appointment, e.g. Monarch, Regent, and Prime Minister, shall hold terms corresponding in length to the length of their Office.
10.1.6.5 Elected BOD members shall not hold any other elected position while on the BOD. Exception: BOD members may hold Fighting Guildmaster positions.
10.1.6.6 The immediate preceding Monarch and immediate Preceding Prime Minister will each hold one of the non-voting seats for 6 months after the end of their respective terms. NOTE: If a Monarch or a Prime Minister is elected for a second consecutive term, the corresponding BOD position will remain vacant for that term, as the reason for these positions is to provide continuity in leadership.
10.1.7 The first order of business for the BOD meeting after election of new members shall be to select from amongst their numbers a Secretary. The Monarch shall serve as President, the Regent as Treasurer, and the Prime Minister as Membership Officer.
10.1.8 The BOD shall have the authority and duty to suspend members from participation in all Kingdom activities for repeated and/or serious instances of inappropriate behavior such as verbal and/or physical altercations, assault of any kind, willful injury to person or property, theft, or any violation of mundane law.
10.1.8.1 Such suspension shall only take place after due notice to the alleged offender and a hearing before the BOD.
10.1.8.2 Notification to the alleged offender must be accomplished by a minimum of First Class and registered (return receipt) mail to the last known address of each individual.
10.1.8.3 Non-receipt of notification will be handled on a case by case basis.
10.1.8.4 This hearing should be held within 15 days of the alleged offense, shall include the plaintiffs or their sworn (notarized) statements, appropriate witnesses or their sworn statements, and shall be scheduled at such a time and place as to give the alleged offender reasonable opportunity to appear.
10.1.8.5 The BOD shall not take any such action unless and until there is a written complaint brought to the BOD concerning an occurrence AT AN AMTGARD ACTIVITY. NOTE: The complaint does not have to be brought by someone directly involved, but also may be brought by an eyewitness.
10.1.8.6 Knowingly making a false statement/complaint to the BOD will cause the BOD to consider implementing disciplinary actions against the accuser.
10.1.8.7 A member shall only be put on probation or suspended by affirmative vote of five or more members of the BOD. Upon the BOD’s decision to act upon any complaint, then this process shall be handled on three (3) stages as follows:
· STAGE ONE: A first offense not involving physical altercation, willful or intentional damage to person or property, or minor violation of mundane law. The penalty shall be probation for not less than one (1) month nor more than six (6) months.
· STAGE TWO: Any Stage One offense while on probation, or an offense involving physical altercation, or willful or intentional damage to person or property, or violation of mundane law. The penalty shall be suspension from all Amtgard activities within the Celestial Kingdom and all of its Provinces for not less than three (3), nor more than twelve (12) months. If a member is already on probation at this time, the probation will be served concurrently with the suspension.
· STAGE THREE: Any Stage Two offense while on probation or any offense treated as a Felony under mundane law. The penalty shall be suspension from all Amtgard activities within the Celestial Kingdom and all of its Provinces for not less than two (2) years, followed by probation for not less than one (1) year. In extreme cases, the BOD may vote to permanently bar the member, but such decisions shall require a unanimous vote of the BOD. Reversal by the BOD must be made by unanimous vote.
10.1.8.8 Any and all penalties shall run from the date of the hearing before the B OD, and the member shall be entitled to full participation in all activities until such hearing is held.
10.1.8.9 After completion of any suspension and/or probation, the member’s record shall be considered clear of all offenses and such may not be considered in treatment of any subsequent complaint. Prior offenses may be considered to show a pattern or trend of behavior.
10.1.8.10 No member shall be brought before the BOD more than once on the same complaint.
10.1.8.11 Upon receipt of notice that a written complaint has been filed with the BOD, a member shall have the right to waive a hearing before the BOD and accept the minimum penalty for the alleged offense(s). Such waiver shall be written and witnessed in writing by at least two BOD members. The waiver shall be treated as though the result of a BOD hearing and an affirmative vote of 5 members to enact the minimum penalty, which shall run from the date the waiver is signed.
10.1.8.12 If a suspended or barred member is knowingly allowed to participate at any official Celestial Kingdom activity, that activity shall not be recognized as an Amtgard activity, and the Celestial Kingdom shall bear no responsibility for any portion of it. No member of the Celestial Kingdom shall receive any credit of any sort for participation at that activity.
· Active Construction – those items which may be used on the battlefield.
· Allthing – that meeting of Amtgard populace members which through democratic means makes decisions that affect the Province, Kingdom and Game (Section 7).
· Amtgard Activity – (see event). Any organized function sponsored by the Kingdom or any of its Provinces.
· Arts and Sciences (A&S) Tourney – a tourney held with either the spoken or unspoken intent for its participants to showcase their creative talents and earn orders of the Dragon, Owl, or Garber.
· Contributing Members – members with current signed waivers on file with the Kingdom who are dues paid and thus receive the right to run for office, the right to vote in all Allthings and elections, and receive Kingdom newsletters.
· Crown – refers to the position of Kingdom Monarch singularly and to Monarch, Regent, Prime Minister, and other Kingdom officers jointly.
· Dor Un Avatar – (see monster manual), The written body of work which details the various available monster classes that can be played.
· Event – (see Amtgard Activity). Any organized function sponsored by the Kingdom or any of its Provinces.
· Guild – a fighting or non-fighting group/class where members have the same interests.
· Heraldry – refers to the medieval system of identification based on colors and pictures.
· Intent(s) – refers to written notification of intent to run for elected office.
· Monster Manual – (see Dor Un Avatar). The written body of work which details the various available monster classes that can be played.
· NonContributing Members – members with a current signed waiver on file with the Kingdom who are NOT dues paid and thus DO NOT receive the right to run for office, the right to vote in Allthings and elections and receive Kingdom newsletters. They may attend all Amtgard activities.
· Passive Construction – refers to items which may not be used on the battlefield.
· Patent – refers to the Kingdom Monarch’s right to bestow titles of Nobility and lesser titles.
· Proposal(s) – written presentation(s) put forth for consideration or adoption.
· Provinces – refers to Shires, Baronies, Duchies, Grand Duchies, and Principalities.
· Routine Allthing – those regularly scheduled Allthings held at each Coronation and Midreign.
· Special Allthing – those Allthings called for by petition or by Monarch and Prime Minister jointly.
· Tenure – refers to that time in office of service.
· Warrior’s Tourney – a tourney held with either the spoken or unspoken intent for its participants to earn orders of the Warrior.
… in descending order
1. Grand Duke/Grand Duchess – 2 terms as Kingdom Monarch (Grand Doge, Dux, Herzog, Tarken, etc…)
2. Arch Duke/Arch Duchess – 1 term as Kingdom Monarch and 1 term as either Regent or Prime Minister (Arch Doge, Dux, Herzog, Tarken , etc.)
3. Duke/Duchess – 1 term as Kingdom Monarch (Doge, Dux, Herzog, Tarken, etc.)
4. Count/Countess – 1 term as Kingdom Regent or Principality/Grand Duchy Prince or Princess (Ear, Come Comte, Graf, Jarl, Grafin, Orkhan, etc…)
5. Marquis/Marquessa – Serve in each of the following offices: Kingdom Monarch, Regent and Prime Minister (Markgraf, Marchionese, Margrave, Mark, etc.)
6. Viscout/Viscountess – 1 term as Kingdom Champion and WeaponsMaster (Vicomte, Vixcunde, etc.)
7. Baron/Baroness – 1 term as Kingdom Prime Minister or Principality/Grand Duchy Regent or Leader of a Duchy (Thane, Khan, Emir, Daimio, etc.)
8. Baronet – serve as Pro Tem Kingdom Monarch, Champion, Prime Minister, or Regent, or Principality/Grand Duchy General Minister, or as Leader of a Barony
9. Lord/Lady – 1 term as Chancellor of a Duchy, or at the Monarch’s discretion for service to the club.
10. Defender – 1 term as Kingdom Champion
This alternative method of advancement better takes into account the skill level of those defeated but does not circumvent the more traditional way of advancement through Warrior Tourneys.
In order to advance to the next higher level of Orders of the Warrior, it is necessary to demonstrate skills of that level. This is done by challenging five separate individuals of the next higher level or above to a duel as follows:
1. Each duel must be witnessed by at least two individuals who are qualified as Reeves, and the results must be written and signed by both contestants and both Reeves.
2. The duel consists of Single Sword, Sword and Shield, Challenger’s Choice, and Challenged’s Choice. Choices shall be made from melee weapons other than the mandatory two.
3. To advance, the Challenger must AVERAGE at least 50% wins against those challenged. NOTE: This is overall, not against each separate Warrior challenged.
4. No more than one level can be attained at a time, regardless of the level of Warriors challenged. (i.e., you cannot jump a level by fighting higher level warriors than required.
5. It is the responsibility of the Warrior desiring to advance to keep track of the written records of challenges.
6. Upon successful completion of the required number of challenges, the Warrior desiring to advance turns in the documentation to their Provincial Leader if it is a level that Leader can award or the Guildmaster of Reeves. Upon verification of the documentation the Provincial Leader may then award the appropriate Order of the Warrior or the GM of Reeves makes the recommendation to the Monarch for bestowal.
7. To move on to the next level, five DIFFERENT Warriors of that next level or higher must be challenged successfully (i.e., challenging the same warrior(s) for consecutive levels will not be acceptable).